Friday 6 March 2009

Habit of Reading


I have bought this book in 2001, when i was still studying in my secondary school... the author- Chuah Guat Eng came to our school and talk to us about ways to improve our writing. I bought the book that on that day and got her signature on it too...
I seldom read books which are not related to my studies. It is rare to see me holding novels or even magazines. After I bought this book, I forced myself to complete it. But I didn't not until just now...

Since I got nothing to do lately , while waiting for job offer, I opened my cupboard and found this book. I have picked up the habit of reading story books when I was in UK. My housemates (pikkay, peifen, michelle, and rebecca) love reading... and some can finish one whole book in a day or in fact in just a few hours. Life in UK is different from Malaysia, but when we are chatting around, I found out that my housemates get to know lots of things which is related to UK from the story books they read... I was amazed and felt ashamed for not reading books. and so I started to read... In the begining, my reading speed is super slow... but as i read i gain momentum... But then I found out that is not easy to get books that is interesting... If the starting of the book is boring, I couldn't get myself to finish the book...
So i feel that it is important to choose the right book to read ...

Back to Echoes of Silence.... recommended book from me... I have just finish reading it and some of the plots in the books is unpredictable... the whole book talks about a chinese lady, Ai Lian, her love, life, family, a murder and the unavoidable situation during the Japanese occupation in Malaya...

A very very nice book.... the author is reprinting the book this year but the cover will be green in color... I still prefer the cover above...

1 comment:

Bex said...

hey.... your chatbox not working liao...